Last evening I had to buy some grocery. Went to the only Indian store here- Al Adil where we all desis shop. Most of the time the shop is jam packed. But last evening it wasnot that much crowded. After I finised collecting my stuff came to the counter to pay. There were just�3 persons ahead of me in a queue. So I waited.� The guy right in front seemed quite impatient. His wife had forgotton to get mustard oil and had gone back again to get a bottle. When she came back with it hubby darling had already paid the bill for rest of the iteams, may be this made him a bit edgy and he started to show his anger ( in bengali) right there.�Actually I think for any kind of shopping�women should shop alone.
The second lady had just two iteams so�she was out of there in no time. The lady just ahead of me was about 5feet tall medium complexion and about 35 years of age.�She was small built and was wearing a jeans and a short shirt. Reminded me of Raju Srivastav’s line, ” Jeans looking up at the top says— kabhi to hamara milan kara do. “� While she was busy chatting to a friend I happen to notice that her jeans was pretty low.�Now the thing is when ever I see anyone specially the youngesters wearing this kind of�pants I have a strong urge to actually go upto that person and pull his/her pant up. luckily my teenager boy dresses up sensibly. But this lady’s jeans was unable to cover her entire backside. And belive me it isn’t a pretty site. Had she been in pune I am sure she would have got a lot of shocking comments for her ABCD ( age baya chaddi deste) pants. chaddi�is still�ok�even though�that is pretty repulsive. Imagine seeing whats inside that chaddi……. yuck!!!!! totally disgusting.� It may look ok in fashion magzine but in reality it isn’t that good to look at.� If mother herself is dressing up like this what is she going to tell her daughter??
I belive no matter where you are one must always dress up decently. Showing too much skin only invites trouble. Kushwant singh�once said,” if you keep a cutney uncovered on the dining table every one would want to taste it,” And when something drastic happens we are always ready to pounce on men.
All the precious things in nature comes either hidden or totally coverd. Pearl and diamond are very good example of it.� And I feel our children are also equally precious to us so why not teach them this simple lesson. -->
1 comment:
Wow! Simply superb. I am really amazed by your thoughtful and bold comments on how you strongly feel about certain things.
-Vittal.
Post a Comment