Saturday, June 20, 2009

Virtual World

I am so inspired by Deepas post that I thought of sharing my experience with you all.My journey into the virtual world began in 1990s when we got our first pc at home.
I started with the encyclopedia and later came to know about chatting. It was very much in news and out of curiosity I registered myself into msn and yahoo chatting sites. There used to various chatting rooms. There were so many rooms to choose from but no matter which ever room you went to you were bombarded by so many PM’s to have private chat with them.
Soon I learnt that people in the chat rooms are just looking for some quik (ie) Way of having fun (yeah that’s what they call). What I could never understand then was why most of them wanted to know what I was wearing. Much later came to know it was a new way …… of making love through the modem
My point is why waste time typing a theory when you can have nice practical sessions at home? Isn’t it?? So off went my chatting with strangers I now chat only with my family and friends.
But I learnt a lot during this phase. I picked up some of the chat lingo. Also started to judge people by there nicks and believe me most of the time I was pretty right about them. You don’t really need a Sherlock homes mind to guess what other person has in mind if he/she comes with the nick like rdy2fk or 21nypho. I am sure you must have come across nicks like cooldude, cutiepie, handsomehunk or beautyqueen……Just IGNORE them.
My take is that you can afford to have that kind of a nick because of the anonymity on the net. No one dares to have such nicks or names in real life. Have some sensible nick.
Then I happen to get an invite for a networking site from another net friend. Here I met some fabulous people and some jerks. I banned the jerks and met a few good people from such sites in real life (including apna Inky bhai) and they were absolutely great people to be with. There are few others whom I sometimes meet on some site and we share a very cordial relationship same as that in real life.
On the net you can’t see a person but sooner or later you get to know the real person behind those words. It is a make believe world and you got to totally trust yourself here.

Snehaism to survive in this big bad Virtual world
1. Never pass out your personal information to anyone on the net.

2. Go by your gut feeling. If you are uncomfortable talking to a person be 100 % sure that in real life too the person is going to make you uncomfortable.

3. People will treat you the way you want them to treat you.

4. Keep a distance if you don’t want to get involved….. You are not here to make relationships.

5. Don’t carry your net problems home. Once you switch off the modem every thing should be left there.

6. The entire friendship on the net is based on total timepass.

7. Accept friendships from like minded people who you are pretty sure about.

8. If you decide to meet your net friend meet at a public place preferably take someone along with you ( it goes for both men and women)

9. Emotions have no place on the net so keep them totally out of it.

10. On blog site… come and enjoy reading others blogs and writing your own.
Last but not the least if you have the time switch off your pc get out and call up your real life friends. -->

2 comments:

Chhaya said...

Totally agree with you there sweety...

and yeah, your blog is very much visible. i have linked it too. Can you please put a link to the forum (friend's park) on your blog in a prominent place? it will help the visitors to find the forum again and move to another member's blog once they have read urs :)

Chhaya said...

You are requested to put the Link to the 'Park' on your blog in a prominent place.

It will help any visitor to return back to the Forum and go to another member's blog once s/he has read your blog.

The Link is -

http://friends-park.blogspot.com/

We are going live from 8:00 am - 22nd June!

This is a standard message. If you have already put the link to the 'Park' then please ignore it.